Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Night Before


Tonight is the night before we leave on our fishing trip to Del Rio, our championship tournament on Lake Amistad. This evening has been rather uneventful. Frank is off tomorrow so he can prepare all of his things tomorrow. I on the other hand thought we were leaving on Thursday morning, therefore I did not request vacation and have to work on Wednesday. I have received a "little" bit of grief for that.

Anyway, like I said, it has not been to eventful. I fixed supper, mostly left overs, and started doing laundry. Everyone knows, you have to do laundry the night before so no one inadvertently wears something that should have been kept for the trip. I have one load left in the dryer and one in the washer. Luckily, the last load can be dried tomorrow, it is Frank's work pants that he won't need until we get back.

We have already had one "small" problem that was easily fixed, hotel reservations. The hotel had our reservations from Thursday to Saturday night only. I am glad I had to call to tell them we are coming tomorrow or we would have been a night short. That has happened before and it is usually not a problem to add the extra night. So let's hope that this is the only problem we have on this trip.

Frank has gone to bed, he needs his rest so he can drive tomorrow. That is one chore he won't let me do. He says I make him nervous. What's up with that? He makes me nervous telling me how to drive. I don't know how I get anywhere when he isn't with me.

Anyway, back to my original thought. Since he has gone to bed I will start gathering all my things that need to be packed so I can get them in the suitcase tomorrow at lunch. I sure hope he will fix me a sandwich. We will be leaving as soon as I get off work.

While we are gone, I will try to sneak down to the community computer at the hotel and update you on our trip. If I can't, I will Let you know how it went next week. Pray for a safe trip and return home.


Best Fishes,


Brandi (Frank too)

No comments: