Sunday, September 9, 2007

God Has Blessed Us.


The title is so true and in so many ways. I was born in to a wonderful family. Almost 24 years ago I was blessed with a wonderful husband and then a daughter. Now we have a beautiful granddaughter. Frank and I have been blessed with great jobs that allow us to do things we love, and that includes fishing.

This weekend we have been blessed with good fishing weather and we caught fish. Yesterday we had a little more than 7 lbs of fish in 20 minutes (see previous post). But today, we had one of those days that you get just about once every couple of years.

We started off fishing on the north side of the bridge in Crystal Canyon. We didn't start fishing until about seven this morning and at 7:05 we had our first keeper in the live well. Already we are having a better day than we did yesterday. By 10 we had four fish all of a decent size. We stayed up in this cove until about noon and then we decided to go back up into California Creek and fish in some of the places that we did yesterday. I told Frank, I didn't care where we fished, but that I wanted to be in the same place at 2 o'clock that we were yesterday. He promised me that and I am so glad that he did.

At 2 we started fishing the same pattern that we had the day before. At 2:05 he caught a 5.30 lb bass. That was the prettiest fish I do believe I had ever seen. He caught another nice fish and we started culling, we never get to cull. Then he caught another - at this point I quit fishing so I could take care of the fish and cull. At about 2:23 he caught another that went just over 5 lbs and I culled our last fish. He made two more cast and we headed to weigh in.

We weighed in just over 17 lbs for the day and 24 combined for the two. We were so happy but little did we know how good it really was. WE WON FORTH PLACE. We both thought the tournament was only going to pay 3 places so we were really shocked and elated.

We both no that none of this would not be possible without the grace of God. He has made all of this possible and blesses our lives in so many ways everyday.

1 comment:

TBC said...

The Texas Bass Couples and Tommy and Pam Busbee are blessed that you have chosen to be apart of our lives and our love of fishing.Hope to see you again next year.
Tommy