Monday, March 10, 2008

This was a Tournament I Would Rather Forget!

This was just one of those days. It actually started Saturday night when we called for our wake up call. I reminded the man to set his clock forward one hour and he quickly informed me that I was wrong. He would set his clock up SUNDAY night just like everyone else. So as a precaution Frank and I set our phone alarms and sure enough. we received our wake up call at 7 AM one hour late. We were actually walking out the door. We had kind of hung around to see if the phone would actually ring.

We didn't get in a real hurry to get to the lake and stopped and had breakfast. It was still dark due to the time change and it had been awhile since Frank had been on the lake and we didn't want to damage the boat.

Once on the water, I was still not feeling very well so I slept most of the morning. Frank struggled to find a place to fish. There was land where there was none and there were no cattails where they used to be. He felt like he was on a lake he had never been on. And he kept trying to make sure I was OK, such a good doctor.

I am not sure what time the wind hit but it was very strong. Poor Frank, it just kills his back when it is like that, but he will not give up. He just kept fishing. I finally started fishing around noon with no luck. Second cast and my rod with the spinner bait was done for the day. I put a knot in the line that was not coming out and we will just have to strip the line and start over. Then I fished with my crank bait. This went ok, I had a few backlashes but nothing I couldn't get out. We were fishing around some docks and it wasn't to long until I casted up over a dock and the lure hung on the railing on the back side of the dock. There was no getting to the little guy and we just had to break the line and leave him hanging there.

By this time we only had about an hour to fish so I threw Frank's spinner bait until he decided he had had enough and we headed in. He did boat a couple of fish and I had one little dink that I could barely feel on the line, but nothing to weigh.

Congratulations to Warren and Liz Hutcherson. They won with around 10 pounds. And I'm sorry, I don't remember who won Ladies Big fish or Big Fish. You can click here to see more snap shots from weigh in. Check out the TBC web site here to get more information from the tournament.

Our next tournament is April 20 at O.H. Ivie. Hope to see you all there.

No comments: