Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fishing Lake Stamford

This past Sunday, we fished Lake Stamford with the Panhandle Region of TBC. The day started out pretty good. It was a bit cooler than the weatherman said it would be, but it sure beat last Sunday! Frank and I decided I must have had a bit of a fever because it took me a really long time to warm up and I had an extra long nap on the boat! I have gotten pretty good about not doing that, but I just couldn't help myself.

The wind was also good to us. It didn't blow to hard. The water was a bit muddy and we flipped cat tails almost all day! We caught fish all day, but for some reason couldn't get them in the boat! As Frank set the hook on one, it went through his legs (really, I was watching!), took one bounce on the deck, and off the other side of the boat she went! I had never seen anything like that before. We had several things like that happen.

I caught a really nice white on a spinner bait. Sure wish I could have weighed that one. It was a very nice size.

After Frank tried to electrocute himself (this is a story all it's own) on an electric line running across the lake, we called it a day and went to weigh in. We had three fish that went just under 9 pounds. It took 23 pounds to win. A new couple from the Panhandle won it. I really do like when that happens. It helps to get more couples in the club.

Our next tournament with the West Region is at Lake Leon on March 22. Ya'll come on out if you get the chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a fun blog to look at, live at aspermont, fish lake stamford all the time and a few other tournaments. have a cabin at veda's camp. my wife works at basic and had got the blog site from fonda,probably have seen ya'll around at the lake's going next week to lake ivie to fish special olympics. last sunday at stamford it took 28 lbs. to win and just to get in the money it took 20 lbs plus. good fishing and thanks for letting me leave a comment james and sharon albright

Lolosblog said...

HI James,

Thanks for stopping by. Always welcome anyone who likes to fish or anyone who just likes to read my stupid stories!

If you can get your wife to the lake with you, ya'll should fish TBC with us. It is a great club, lots of fun and fishing. Contact me through this blog or click on the link in my right side bar to go straight to their web site. We fish in the West and Panhandle regions. We also have a group on Facebook. We would love to have ya'll.

We might miss the Special Olympics tournament at Ivie. Frank has to leave for work on Sunday so we don't know if we will be able to be there. It is always one of our favorite tournaments. Hope you have good luck. Let us know how you did. There will be several people from TBC fishing it.

Stop by any time,
Brandi